A study about Tokio Hotel fans Jul 27, 2010 18:06:37 GMT 1
Post by kaa on Jul 27, 2010 18:06:37 GMT 1
I'm a student at Malmö Högskola (Malmo university) (and a huge Tokio Hotel fan, of course).
Right now I'm doing a study of the fandom, the first part of it is this questionaire, now I'm looking for fans world wide who like to participate in my study, I'm very thankful for any help I can get, and feel free to re post this wherever you might get in touch with other fans, I hope for this to be a major studie of the subject!
Tokio Hotel's relevance to their fans
The idea of this study is to try to get a picture of the fan culture around Tokio Hotel and the subculture who might have developed around them.
The responses to this questionnaire will be the base of an article that is supposed to be presented at the "Music and Society" or "rock and Society” Conferences in the spring / fall of 2011 in Sweden.
Personal data is strictly for statistics and to obtain an idea of how the fan base is compound and all responses will be handled confidentially.
There are many questions, some may be difficult to answer, others may not seem relevant to you.
I am interested in all answers, regardless of how many or how few questions you answer, no question is compulsory.
Thank you for your participation!
About the first contact with the band:
1:1 When did you come in contact with Tokio Hotel for the first time?
1:2a How did you come in touch with Tokio Hotel for the first time?
• 1:2 b How did you react?
• 1:2 c Why did you react that way?
1:3 For how long have you been a fan?
1:4a When did you became a fan?
• 1:4b What was the first thing you noticed about the band?
1:4c How long did it took from you first heard of them until you consider yourself being a fan?
1:5a Have the way you of are as a fan changed over time?
• 1:5 b If yes, how?
• 1:5 c Why?
About the band:
2:1a What is it about Tokio Hotel that made you become a fan?
• 2:1 b What is most important to you (music / text / image / appearance / other)?
• 2:1 c Why?
• 2:1 d Has this changed over time?
3:1 Have Tokio Hotel influenced you?
If yes, have they influenced;
• 3:1b How your look?
• 3:1c How you dress?
• 3:1d Your attitude?
• 3:1e You socially?
• 3:1f Your taste in music?
• 3:1g Your interests?
• 3:1h In terms of knowledge (have you learned anything from being a fan.)?
• 3:1i Your political views?
• 3:1j Your personality?
• 3:1k In any other way?
• 3:1l If so, how and why?
3:2 Have they in any way affected your surroundings?
3:3a Is their image important to you?
3:3b If yes, in what way?
3:4 What do you think they stand for?
3:5 Is it important what they think about various issues?
3:6 Have Tokio Hotel influenced your own musical life (have you started to play any instruments, changed direction, wanted to start playing something, stopped playing something, etc..)?
3:7 If yes, in wich way?
About the fans and being a fan:
4:1a Are you open about being a Tokio Hotel fan?
• 4:1b Why / why not?
• 4:1 c Is there anything that could change this?
• 4:1 d Has you acted the same way all the time?
4:2a How was the attitude to the band there you live when you became a fan?
(In press, class / workmates, your family and among your friends?)
•4:2b Has this changed in any way?
• 4:2 c If so, how and why?
4:3 Is the contact with other fans important?
4:4 How would you like the contact between the fans to be like?
4:5 How do you think the relationships between fans from different countries are?
4:6 Have you personally had contact with fans from other countries?
4:7 How do you think the relationship between the band and the fans are?
4:8 How would you like it to be?
4:9 How would you describe the fans?
4:10 Is there a subculture around Tokio Hotel, if so, how would you describe it?
4:11 If yes, do you consider yourself to be a part of it?
About the contact between the fans and the band:
5:1a What does the contact with the band mean for you?
• 5:1b What do you think about the way they communicate with their fans?
• 5:1c Which way is the best?
• 5:1d Why?
• 5:1e How would you like the contact with the fans to be like?
5:1f How often, in your estimation, do you hear or see something new (interviews, releases, blogs, photos, rumours, THTV, etc..) about the band?
• 5:1g What does it mean to you?
5:1h How would you like it to be? (How and how often would you like to hear something new from the band and what kind of information are you interested in?)
6:1a Do you have Internet access?
6:1b Is the Internet important for you as a fan?
• 6:1c If yes, how?
• 6:1d In what way do you use it (watch video clips, search for updates, contact with other fans, visiting blogs, reading fan fiction, etc..)?
6:2a Are you active on the Internet forums?
6:2b How long did it take from you became a fan until you started to visit Internet forums? 6:2c Is there a difference between direct contact and contact through Internet?
• 6:2d Are you active outside the Internet, if so, how? If not, why not?
7:1a Which attention do the band get from media where you live?
• 7:1b Do magazines write about them, do they talk about them on TV, play their music on the radio, etc..?
• 7:1 c How is the access to their music and other products where you live?
7:2 Do you feel that the media focus on the right things?
7:3 What things do they tend to focus on?
7:4 How would you like the media to portray Tokio Hotel?
Concerts and live performances:
8:1a is the band's live performance important to you?
8:1b In what way?
8:2a Have you visited any concert?
• 8:2b Has it affected your opinion about the band?
• 8:2c influenced your opinion about their music?
• 8:2d influenced your view of the fans?
8:2 e How did you experience the contact with other fans?
8:2 f Did they affect your experience of the concert?
8:3a Have you queued?
8:3c How did you experience it?
• 8:4 How did you experience the contact with fans during / before / after the concert?
9:1 How do you hope the band and fandom will develop in the future?
9:2 Do you wish to add anything?
9:3 May I contact you with more questions / follow-up questions? (If yes, please add contact manner; email or username and forum address)
You can either send your responses to me via PM here or you can reach me on my email, Kaa@bredband2.com.